You always heard that ‘it takes two to tango.’
Does any of this sound familiar?
- Is it stressful to be around your partner? Do they feel emotionally distant, or alternate between affection and anger?
- Do you sometimes ‘bite your tongue’ because you’re afraid of how they’ll react? Or, do you feel it’s just not worth what would follow if you did say something?
- Are you wondering if you should stay in the relationship?
- Do you feel often criticized, blamed, or put down?
- Do you feel your needs aren’t important to your partner? Do you stop yourself from asking for what you need?
- Do you feel that you can’t do anything (or almost anything) right in your partner’s opinion?
- Is there a set of ‘rules’ you try to follow, based on past incidents, to avoid your partner getting upset or angry?
How can couples therapy work with just one person?
Sometimes, couples therapy isn’t an option. Perhaps your partner doesn’t want to go. Or, life’s demands are preventing you both from attending. Relationship Therapy for One provides tools and skills you can bring back to your partner and use on your own time.
Relationship Therapy for One is a powerful way to start repairing and changing your relationship into the one you desire. And, if you’re not sure if you want to continue with your partner, you’ll know that you have done what you can to make things work.